We supported a UK private sector client in the planning, implementation and review of two concurrent business acquisitions involving a total of 800 employees being TUPE transferred into an existing business of 1100 employees including:-
- Effective and efficient integration of these two companies into the client’s main business
- From day one of the acquisition we commenced redundancy consultation with four separate employee consultation forums as part of the integration process which resulted in over 100 employees leaving the business on the grounds of redundancy
- We also planned and implemented the TUPE transfer of 20 employees to an outsourced IT provider
- We integrated three employee consultation forums into one and de-recognised the TUs from one of the acquired businesses
- We harmonised all the existing employee policies and procedures across the three businesses including their severance arrangements, pay dates, pay method and holiday year
- We were responsible for all Employee Relations activities including leading the Employee Relations Team on this assignment.
The following year our client won the “HR Team of the Year in the HR (Network) Scotland Awards” in recognition of the successful planning and implementation of this significant and complex change management intervention.