Whilst having the experience and ability to provide HR advice and support across the full HR spectrum, emphasis will be on five key areas (click on them to find out more) - HR Strategy, Change Management, Employment Legislation, Consultation/Negotiation and Investigations, Hearings and Appeals.
The development and delivery of an effective HR strategy that is in line with, and facilitates the delivery of, the overall business strategy is essential in translating the direction of the business into Human Resources policies, processes and plans. Some of the key elements of an effective HR strategy where advice and support can be provided are as follows:
- Organisational Structure
- Recruitment and Placement
- Health and Safety
- Performance Management
- Personal and Career Development
- Employee Relations/Participation
In an increasingly changing business environment, successful organisations need to be able to adapt effectively and efficiently to meet their strategic objectives. Some of the key elements of change where advice and support has been provided are as follows:
- Organisational Design
- Organisational Reviews
The volume, complexity and compensation levels relating to employment legislation and European Employment Directives is ever increasing and therefore directly increases the risk of non-compliance with the associated compensatory payments or non-compensatory penalties, such as imprisonment. The key services available in this area are as follows:
- Legal compliance risk assessment.
- Advice and support in relation to ACAS Hearings and Employment Tribunals.
Development and implementation of employment policies and procedures and Employee Handbooks. These policies may be in the areas of, for example, recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, equal opportunities, bullying/harassment, alcohol and drugs, discipline, grievance, sickness absence and performance.
- Advice and support on organisational design/redesign and review
- Advice and support on acquisitions, mergers, divestments and redundancies
- Training on the development and implementation of the above.
In addition to the statutory requirements to consult and negotiate with employees and, where appropriate, the relevant Trade Union(s), employers, in general, are introducing formal partnership agreements or adopting informal partnership practices. The key services available in this area are as follows:
- Development/review and, where appropriate, implementation of relevant consultative bodies/processes
- Development/review and, where appropriate, implementation of relevant negotiating bodies/processes
- Advice and support in relation to pay and conditions negotiations
- Advice and support in relation to collectively and non-collectively bargained staff
Investigations, Hearings and Appeals
There has been an increasing trend in the number of cases of alleged misconduct in employment at all levels within organisations and an associated increase in the number of “grievances.”
External/independent consultancy support can be extremely helpful to clients particularly if the allegations are at a senior level, management representatives are “conflicted” or there is insufficient in-house management resource/expertise. The key services available in this area are as follows:
- Conducting or assisting with investigations into alleged grievances/misconduct and the production of a management report detailing findings and recommendations
- Conducting or assisting with formal Disciplinary Hearings.
- Conducting or assisting with formal Appeal Hearings.
Whilst the emphasis will be on providing HR advice and support in the five key areas detailed previously i.e. HR Strategy, Change Management, Employment Legislation, Consultation and Negotiation and Investigations, Hearings and Appeals, additional advice and support can be provided, as follows:
- HR Project Management
- Personal and Executive Coaching
- Career Counselling
- HR Benchmarking
Contact us to discuss your requirements.